LOOK HOW CONNECTORS ARE USED APTLY IN OET WRITING.
Role of Connectors, connectives or conjunctions in OET Writing plays a vital role. Connectors are an essential tool in OET Writing. They are used to convert sentences from simple to compound and complex to elicit a better meaning. The primary purpose of connectors is to join information together within a sentence. It links ideas from one sentence to the next. The use of apt connectors ensures clarity of meaning for readers to understand. Connectors are essential to professional writing and will have a dramatic impact on your writing score in OET.
WHERE TO USE CONNECTORS?
Connectors are used at the beginning, middle, and occasionally at the end of a sentence.
TYPES OF CONNECTORS ARE:
TIPS TO USE CONNECTORS IN OET WRITING
- Connectors lead a crucial role in the OET writing subtest
- You shall learn to use them judiciously.
- It helps to join simple sentences using connectors to provide more information about the patient.
- Your sentences should be short and crispy.
- When you use connectors, the information becomes much clear for the readers.
- If your sentence is short and crisp and provides a clear cut picture, you may avoid using connectors.
- Better to avoid Simple connectors at the beginning
- Use a comma after ‘in addition”, ‘therefore’, ‘consequently’, ‘as a result, instead of using ‘in addition to that; we can also use ‘in addition; both makes the same sense.
- It would be best if you did not use connectors repeatedly.
LIST OF SENTENCE CONNECTORS IN OET WRITING AS PER THE SITUATIONS:
SIMILARITY: similarly, correspondingly, by the same token, in the same way, likewise.
CONTRAST: In contrast, conversely, however, yet, still, even so, in spite of this, despite that/this, On the other hand.
RESULT: accordingly, for this/that reason, therefore, as a result consequently, hence, thus, because of that/this, as a consequence.
ADDITION OR LISTING: Also, further, besides, in addition.
- Firstly: first of all, for one thing, to begin with, in the first place.
- Secondly: for another thing, second, in the second place.
- Thirdly: third, in the third-place.
- Finally: lastly, last of all.
TIME:Then, in the meantime, meanwhile, at first, afterwards, later.
EXEMPLIFICATION: For instance, for example, to illustrate.
PARTICULARIZATION: In particular, particularly, and specifically.
EXPLANATION: In other words, that is to say, that is, namely.
TRANSITION: As for, as to, as regards, regarding, as far as X is concerned, with regard to, with respect to .
CONCLUSION: In summary, in brief, to sum up, all in all, in short, in conclusion, to be brief.
In short, connectors help us to frame formal sentences.
To improve your knowledge level and the chance of succeeding in OET would be significantly high if you go along with the daily grammar challenge of Tiju’s Academy. If you want to participate in that, please go to the,
Facebook page: Tijusacademy.
Tiju’s Academy: The Best OET Online And Offline Training Institute In Kerala, India. For more details, Click Here: https://tijusacademy.com/contact/