OET DEFER OR WITHDRAW???
You have done intensive training from an OET coaching center; unfortunately, you cannot sit for the exam on the respective booked date due to personal or professional reasons. Do you need to cancel your exam? Is that the only solution for this concern? No, OET always allows you to defer or withdraw from your exam. However, you need to be aware of some points before you do this. Even though OET allows you to withdraw, it is better to attend the exam on that respective day if the situation permits. Therefore, think before you request a refund.
Besides withdrawing and getting a refund, you can also reschedule your test date. Below are points of OET’s deferral request policies which help you know what to do if you can’t t sit the exam on your scheduled test date.
1.You can defer your test date at any time until the date of your exam.
2.The administration fee for deferral vary depending on the time of your request.
3.If you filed your deferral before the closing of application of your test date, the administration fee is AUD 120. You need to log in to your OET online candidate account, go to your profile, and select “defer”. Then pick the upcoming test date you want to take the exam on.
If you file your deferral after the closing of application of your test date, the administration fee is AUD 200. You need to sign in to your OET online candidate account, go to your profile page and click “defer”, then select the upcoming test date you want to take the exam on.
On the day of the OET exam, you can only request a deferral if you have not completed the registration process at the test venue. You need to submit the OET Test Day Deferral form online and pay the administration fee of AUD 200; the OET will defer the exam to the next available day
- OET accepts any reason for deferral
- There is no refund for deferrals
- Deferrals are non-reversible
- Deferrals can’t be specific to test components or two. They cover the entire test application
- You can defer to the upcoming test administration date if it has available slots.
- Free Deferral
- Your test has been cancelled
- Travel restrictions -There are travel restrictions that prevent you from travelling to take your test
- Covid Positive
The cancellation of the venue is informed via email. You can do Free deferral to an open test date by logging into My OET candidate profile.
1.If you cannot attend the test for any reason, you can withdraw and obtain a refund subject to certain conditions as given below:
- Withdraw can be made up to one week before the test
- If you filed your withdrawal before the closing of application of your test date, refunds shall be made after deduction of administration fees of AUD 120 and non-refundable booking fee of AUD 7. You need to log in to My OET Candidate profile, locate your booking and select “Withdraw”.
If you filed your withdrawal after the closing of application of your test date and if withdrawal is made up to 23:59 on the Sunday before the test, refunds shall be made after the deduction of administration fees of AUD 200 non-refundable booking fee of AUD 7. You need to log in to My OET Candidate profile, locate your booking and select “Withdraw”.
If you do a refund on or after 00:00 on Monday before the test, OET will provide no refunds.
• You must withdraw your whole booking
• Withdrawal cannot be reversed
If the thing keeping you from taking the test demands time and attention for a long time, then requesting a refund may be safer than getting a deferral. If it’s a temporary setback, then getting a deferral is ideal.
COVID -19 UPDATES
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the government implemented Social-Distanced Testing Protocols (SDTP) in some countries for candidates’ safety and wellbeing of candidates or test center staff. SDTP ensures hygiene and social distancing precautions are adhered to before, during and after testing. Utmost importance is given whether to proceed with testing in various locations along with government restrictions and regulations. In such cases, you shall be deferred for free if one of the following circumstances apply by providing evidence for the same.
1. Your test has been cancelled
2. There are travel restrictions that prevent you from travelling to take your test
3. Covid -positive
The cancellation of the venue is informed via email. Students can do Free deferral to an open test date by logging into My OET candidate profile. Then, click on the Action column under My Application and click “defer.”
You need to contact the support team and provide the evidence based on the defer for free. The test venue shall give advance notice if they want you to wear a mask unless it is a government requirement. You must remove the mask at all identification verification points during the test day. Venue staff to check the mask worn, and no spare mask shall be allowed in the test room. The mask you wear must not make it difficult for you during the Speaking sub-test. The SDTP help increase test capacity and frequency in a safe and controlled way while providing a pathway for healthcare professionals to begin their international careers. Some of the features are
• Promotes local & national government precautions
• Full venue sanitization and on-site hygiene products
• Provision of washing and hygiene stations
• Two-meter minimum seating plans
• Post-test retention of candidate and staff information
|Tiju’s Academy : The Best OET Online And Offline Training Institute In Kerala, India. For more details, Click Here: https://tijusacademy.com/contact/|